Mere restraint may prevent us from grossly negative misdeeds, but it’s insufficient to attain the happiness characterized by inner peace.
In order to transform our habits and dispositions so that our actions are compassionate, it is necessary to develop what we might call an ethic of virtue. As well as restraining ourselves from negative thoughts and emotions, we need to cultivate and reinforce our positive qualities.
– Dalai Lama
- What’s The Value Of Entering A Speech Contest – And Losing? - February 17, 2017
- Massively Important Life Advice From Ballerina Lauren Lovette - February 11, 2017
- The WRONG Way To Market Your Product On Instagram - February 7, 2017
- How To Grow Your Toastmasters Club - February 4, 2017
- How To Respond To Haters - January 15, 2017
- How Do I Prevent My Low Self Esteem? Quora Q&A - November 23, 2016
- Colin Kaepernick and America’s Flat Tire - September 1, 2016
- Colin Kaepernick Just Wants America To Be Better - August 29, 2016
- Democracy 2.0 – Operating Systems Need Updates - June 19, 2016
- What’s Better Than Taking Mom to Brunch on Mother’s Day? - May 7, 2016